Monday, July 2, 2012

July Painting and Poetry Project

PAINTINGS AND POETRY

We hope you are enjoying our monthly presentation, our gift to you. 



"Nautilus Forevermore III"
by Kathryn Henneman


"Depths of Matchless Recall"


The human mind…amazing…a truly magnificent creation.
Godly by design, with depths of matchless recall…a sensual saturation.

I can close my eyes, clear my mind of all the collective clutter.
Then let my weary soul lift up on wings that quietly flutter
Back through time so effortlessly to nearly forgotten places
To treasured friends and bittersweet lovers, now cherished, ageless faces.

Again we are caught up in time…youthful, wild and free.
Together we laugh, we dare, we love…unafraid to simply be.
It might have been just circumstance…the music, or just the time.
Whatever it was, it has become a most lovely memory of mine.

And sometimes, oh so quietly, that memory comes along
A certain sound, a smell, a touch…the words of a familiar song.
Then time dissolves, and there we are wrapped in youthful passion
Intense emotions, feelings so tender, embrace me with obsession.

In my youth I was a dreamer…imagination my best friend.
My mind could safely take me places and bring me back again.
Now all those places of my youth have become sweet memories.
I hold them close within my heart and cherish each one tenderly.

The human mind…amazing…a truly magnificent creation.
Godly by design, with depths of matchless recall…a sensual saturation.


~ From Of Roots, Shoes and Rhymes by C. L. Gillmore ©2011~
Read more at www.clgillmore.com


Kathryn's paintings and Cheryl's poetry will soon be available in note cards and will comprise a twelve-month calendar for next year...2013! 
  All of Kathryn's pieces are for sale.

No comments:

Post a Comment