Friday, August 10, 2012

August Painting and Poetry Project

PAINTINGS AND POETRY

We hope you are enjoying our monthly presentation, our gift to you. 


"Allegorical Journey"
by Kathryn Henneman


"Common Bond"

The shadowed streaks of twilight slip silently away
And tuck behind the mountains to mark another day.
Now leaving just the night sounds to whisper and remind
Of magical trips and trusted friends, lost and left behind.

To a time when only dreams had the power to transcend
And bring us together, beyond the unrest, one by one as friends.
Kindred souls, sharing a moment, bound by love and freedom.
Moved by the words and music...we danced to a different drum.

Those days and nights are forever etched deep within my heart.
I see their faces, hear their voices, though so many years apart.
Their love and friendship, counsel and humor, are a part of what I say.
And nudge me now so gently with thoughts I write each day.

I wish I would have realized those many years ago
Our moment was just an instant in the lives we were to know.
I could have brushed a farewell kiss as I gazed into each face.
But one by one, we left not knowing we had shared our last embrace.

~ From Of Roots, Shoes and Rhymes by C. L. Gillmore ©2011~
Read more at www.clgillmore.com


Kathryn's paintings and Cheryl's poetry will soon be available in note cards and will comprise a twelve-month calendar for next year...2013! 
  All of Kathryn's pieces are for sale.

1 comment:

  1. I love the colors in your art Kathryn. So earthy and lovely...like a beautiful tree.

    ReplyDelete